Monday, March 31, 2014

Pennsylvania, huh? Sure thing!

I am on my own tonight.  And I made a huge mistake- how could I forget to make sure there was ice cream in the freezer? I had to settle for oreos and milk.  It worked but...ya know.  Ice cream would have been so much more worth the calories.  :)

I am alone tonight because Blake is in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Surprise! He just found out on Friday when he sent an email to the JAG guy in DC that he was indeed signed up to go to MEPS (we had not heard anything back for 2 weeks), but there were no details.  We started making plans for him to take a day off to go to Fort Lee in Petersburg, approximately 1 1/2 hours away.  Well, this morning Blake got an email that was a tad more helpful- details about the time to arrive (5:45a.m.), what to wear, the hotel address in Harrisburg, Pa...wait, WHAT...?  PA? As in Pennsylvania?  Well, I guess that would be good to know since that is 6 hours away.  He finished up some work projects and hurried home to pack and get on his way.  It is just so funny to me.  When were they going to tell us this?  Kind of vital information, don't you think?  :)  He just called to let me know he made it to his hotel (it is 8:30p.m.)  I am glad he made it!  I wish I could have joined him for a spontaneous road trip.  We could have had a good time.  But alas, things are a bit more difficult to just drop when you have a nursing baby.  Blake is nervous.  I don't blame him.  A lot rides on this.  We would really like to get cleared for AF JAG.  That ensures a job.  And we kind of like those.  I'll be doing some praying tonight! Good luck my Love!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment