Saturday, March 29, 2014

March 27- A three year-old can cry for a LONG time

In case you were wondering, Collin can cry for a long time.  You would think that by this time, using the potty wouldn't be a big deal.  But we still have to battle over here.  He hates taking the time to go.  I don't think it is actually going potty that is the problem, it's taking time to wash hands when it is over.  That is the time sucker.  I actually recall hating washing my hands when I was super little.  In fact, I remember turning on the water and letting it run to trick my parents into thinking I was washing.  Don't worry though- I have changed my ways and I wash my hands regularly.  :) Ug.  I think I am getting payback in so many ways. 

So, he was going to watch a show before quiet time. But, he had to go potty first.  And he refused.  And he cried. And cried. The fit went on and on.  I was once again able to control my own anger. I am so proud of myself!  I was determined not to yell or spank.  I made an effort to stay calm.  I finally told him there wouldn't be a show before quiet time and you would have thought I had cut off his big toe.  I held him and told him I loved him.  But I put him in his room.  He totally wore himself out and amazingly enough fell asleep.  It was WONDERFUL to have both boys sleeping.  I got a short little break.  When I woke Collin up I told him he could watch a show now- as long as he would use the potty.  Can you guess what happened?  More 3 year old tantrum.  Now it was funny to me.  He followed me around the house crying and I just couldn't stop laughing.  Sometimes as a mother you have to choose to either cry or laugh.  He was so miserable and insisted that he needed a show.  He couldn't live without it.  That is when I know we need to change something.  So, this next week has been declared TV free week. We'll see how that goes!

It once again took me 2 hours to make dinner.  It just is so hard when the two decide that is when they need everything.  And poor Avi stuck his fingers under the oven, which was hot, and burned his fingers.  I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw the massive blisters this morning.  But I finally got dinner on the table.  Collin ate a muffin.  Oh, so much for making food.  :)  When Blake came in at 6:30 I was ready for an escape.  I told him I was going grocery shopping.  He said, "Don't you want to get Avind ready for bed and feed him first?"  ha ha. "No, I will go and feed him when I come back" is what I said.  What I was thinking was, "Are you serious?  What I want is for YOU to deal with the kids.  I need a break. And I need it NOW!" I thoroughly enjoyed my 45 minutes away and got back to feed Avi and put him right into bed.  Ahhhhhhhhh.  I love bedtime.  

Blake was a saint and helped me with the dishes for our evening together.  Which I actually quite enjoyed.  And I needed his help.  I feel like I have been doing dishes FOREVER and the pile never diminishes.  I will say that it turned out in both of our favors later on that evening.  Helping with the house work is a huge turn on.  :)

This morning I tackled the laundry and enjoyed watching Property Brothers.  I would so love to renovate a house.  I just have no clue about anything construction. :) Maybe someday. We are enjoying having the two youngest Miller boys over.  Collin and Zack play so well together that it gives me a nice break.  All four boys played outside in the dirt and rocks.  It makes me happy to see them be entertained outside.  

I need to make a Walmart trip.  Ug. Super ug. I looked in the mirror and thought, "I can't go out in public like this! On second thought, I am going to Walmart.  I'll fit right in." :) I hope today is not my turn for the kids to freak out at the store.  Whenever I hear someone else's kids throwing a fit I don't judge, I just think, "Oh thank goodness it is not me this time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment