Saturday, March 29, 2014

March 19- Collin's favorite flower


Wed. March 19, 2014

Last night was a bit rough for us.  Avind was up it seemed every hour.  I finally went in to check on him at 3am and he was furious.  He did not want me to hold him and he did not want to go back in his crib.  I had to pin him down to change his diaper to make sure that wasn’t what was making him upset.  I left him crying and tried to go back to bed, but I was up thinking about life for another hour or so.  Then I heard Blake getting up and realized Collin was crying.  When Blake came back he said Collin had just been awake and couldn’t sleep and wanted me.  Who would’ve thought.  He never wants me. I guess I am his middle of the night comfort.  That is good.  I am glad to be needed by him.  Anyway, my head is pounding by now so tonight it is early to bed!  Well, earlier.  Hopefully by 10 anyway.

Avind is officially 11 months old today.  I love seeing his skinny little naked body maneuver around.  He has no fat- just my skinny little baby.  I can’t believe he will be a year old so soon.  He loves to climb into his old car seat and rock back and forth in it. 

Collin said the sweetest thing to me this morning.  We were walking into the YMCA and I saw the Daffodils and said, “I just love those daffodils!  I think they are one of my favorite flowers!”   Collin responded, “Do you know what my favorite flower is?”  I said, “Which one?”  And he said, “You Mommy!”  Oh, my darling boy.  Made me feel like the prettiest thing on this earth!

I was feeling quite down and out of sorts yesterday morning so after Collin was at school and Avind was in bed, I said a prayer to ask for help.  I then decided to do something for myself.  So I made up a nice bubble bath and read, ”The Secret Garden.”  I lOVE that book.  It has been a long time since I have read it, but it was just what I needed.  And the rest of the day I felt very content and happy.  I would love my own secret garden.  That is where I go in mind when I am trying to relax and go to sleep.  Hmmmmmmmmm.  It makes me happy. 

We invited the missionaries over for dinner tonight.  It was nice to have them.  I like giving Collin a chance to interact with them.  And after dinner I asked them to do the dishes for me and they did and I am so glad!  It would have taken me a long time.  Collin gave them his entire talk that he gave about Enos in Primary 3 weeks ago.  This kid is incredibly smart.  It was so fun to listen to him. 

And then I got to read some of “The Secret Garden” to him as he laid in bed and I got to watch him fall asleep.  I don’t even remember the last time I got to watch him fall asleep.  He has become such a big boy.  I studied his features and realized just how big he has grown.  Oh, I love my Collin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment