Saturday, March 29, 2014

March 16- Homemade chicken nuggets


Sunday March 16

Blake was wonderful and took care of the kids this morning.  More than sleep, I needed that break from the morning routine with them.  Just time to roll over and stretch and drift off again.  We had Stake conference (a broadcast) and there was an excellent talk given on Self Discipline.  I wish I could have copied it all down.  The kids were pretty good.  Blake got Avind to nap in his arms for a bit and then thankfully he woke up so I could feed him-I felt like I was going to pop! The joys of nursing.  :)

We made homemade chicken nuggets and fries today for dinner.  Blake did the nuggets and Collin loved them.  I am not sure if it was because of how they tasted or if it was simply because Blake made them.  But whatever it was, I am glad he ate them.

Avind is quite demanding lately.  He lets out his little raptor screech when he wants something or is unhappy about something else.  And he finally has a little tooth ridge breaking through his gums.  All of us have this cold, but it scares me when he coughs.  I worry he can’t breathe. 

I got to skype with Shawn and Loralei and Landon.  It was really nice.  It has been a long time since we have talked and especially since I have seen the kids.  We made faces at each other and laughed.  I miss Shawn.  We were such good friends.  No one could make me laugh quite like him.  It is a shame that we are so far away.  We talked about how it is just so hard to keep in touch during this busy kid phase of life.  At least we both understand that.  I am so glad he found Fawn.  I would be so sad if he was alone. 

Blake and I splurged and watched two shows tonight.  Both of us are dreading the coming week.  It just feels like a lot.  Mondays are infamously disliked for a reason, eh?  At least we are moving forward with the AF process now.  It will be so interesting to see where we end up in a few months from now.  Where will Collin turn 4?  Interesting thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment