Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April Fools! You WERE supposed to be in Petersburg!

Don't you hate when someone else makes a big mistake that wastes a lot of your time? 

How about when someone tells you to be in Pennsylvania by 5:45 the next morning and when you get there at 8:30 p.m. no one there is expecting you and you don't have a hotel room and you are not on the list for MEPS the next morning?  Yeah, that definitely just happened to Blake. 

I still can't believe it.  Seriously. Now what makes it particularly ridiculous is that Blake emailed and called the guy and said, "We've been talking about Fort Lee in Petersburg this whole time.  Are you sure I am supposed to go to PA?"  He gave the guy two chances to verify the location.  Well, it was in fact supposed to be Fort Lee.  But instead Blake got to sleep on a broken cot in a room with two kids going into the Army and go to MEPS just to be turned away because they couldn't do anything without his paperwork. 

So on about 3 hours of bad sleep he got back in his car and drove the 7 hours back to work through DC morning traffic.  Withing 24 hours he went up and back and accomplished nothing to further our possibilities with the AF.  The AF can't even reimburse our gas money for the trip.  It just amazes me the waste it was.  And Blake lost 2 days of productive work time.  And now he will still need to take another day off to complete MEPS.  Ug.  What a mess. 

Through this all I have been particularly impressed with Blake.  He has been quite calm and maintained his dignity.  He didn't cuss the guy out.  Even though I am sure there were moments he wanted to.  The man assures us that he will make this up to us.  I don't know what that means exactly.  But from his track record I am not expecting much will come from his promise.  We shall see, eh?  There are times I think, "Everything happens for a reason," but actually sometimes I think that things just happen, not for any particular reason except that someone else wasn't doing what they were supposed to.  I am just glad that Blake made it up and back safely and that he was home last night to enjoy a homemade pizza and movie night with us. 

Avind even got his own pizza!

I guess Collin does look a little like me. :)


Before the fun though look what I found that afternoon:




Even Georgie got in on the sleeping action. 

What was i thinking...why wasn't i sleeping too? 

P.s. Isn't it super cute that Collin makes his bed like this every day? I think so, too. 

Some fun notes about our awesome kiddos from the last few days:

Avind is learning something new everyday.  He can now clap, wave, sign "all done" and signs "please" on our chest instead of his; he blows a kiss (kind of) and points to everything he wants and says, "Da!" fully acting as if he is clearly speaking what it is he wants.  He is impossible to change and loves loves loves apples.  He is totally over baby food but will eat anything that is on our plates. 

He scoots around doing what we call "the Gollum Crawl" and anyone privileged enough to witness it gets a good laugh.  He loves books and will pick one off the shelf and then crawl into your lap to be read to.  He lasts about 3 pages before he shuts the book and goes for the next one. 

Collin thoroughly enjoyed watching Frozen last night.  I got him to cuddle in my lap during the scary parts.  He had a bit of an attitude with me today and I may need to start over on my "no yelling or spanking" plan.  Double ug.  Well, tomorrow is another day.  :) He loves to exercise when we go to the YMCA so we always makes sure he runs a few laps on the grass after I am done with my workout.  He was showing off his counting skills for the missionaries and when he got to 39, the next number he gave was 70.  We like to play baseball in the living room and he especially thinks he's funny when he gets to be the pitcher and he beans me.  I am amazed though at his ability to hit a ball that is pitched to him. 
 I often wonder about my parenting skills, but he often will randomly tell me, "Mom, I love you!" And then I know I am doing all right. 

Hmmmmm...maybe after all it was just a big April Fools joke and the AF guys is getting a real good laugh at this...

No comments:

Post a Comment