Saturday, March 29, 2014

March 11- Sexy Momma!


March 11, 2014

I had a few “Ah-ha” moments yesterday.  The first was when I looked at myself in the mirror after spending a day outside.  My hair was tousled and I had not put on any make-up.  But I thought, “I look happy.  I look pretty.” This was kind of a big moment for me.  I have never felt particularly beautiful without at least some mascara on.  I always thought not wearing make-up was kind of an indication that I was letting myself go.  Or after I had kids a sign that I was just too busy to take care of myself.  But I looked at myself and I felt pretty.  And I realized that I don’t need make-up all the time.  It doesn’t have to fall in the same category and eating and brushing my teeth.  And I can still feel pretty.  And when it’s date night, and I do put on make-up it will be a real “wow” factor.

The second was right as I was ready to get into bed.  I had thought I would put on a nighty to be cute for Blake, but in my reflection I caught what at first I deemed quite unattractive- a limp, saggy boob line in my plunging pj neck line instead of the nice, taut, rounded boobs that I envisioned is supposed to show up in sexy nighties.  I thought to myself, “Oh, yeah.  That’s sexy!  Saggy boobs!  What a turn on!” And I rolled my eyes at myself.  And then I stopped and realized what I was looking at is real.  The real deal.  The only time boobs look like I was thinking is in magazines and on tv when there is some serious help- aka tape, underwire, plastic surgery, photoshop.  But it is simple physics.  Gravity pulls weight down.  There you have it.  It is as unreal to expect breasts to hold up on their own as it is to expect a pony tail to stick strait out.  And I was annoyed that once again I had been affected by the lies of the world and media.  So, I took a good look again at myself and said, “You are beautiful and sexy.  And your body is doing just what it should.“ And I felt pretty once again.  So, take that Sports Illustrated.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment