Thursday, May 1, 2014

Green Virginia


Green everywhere! I love the green.  Everything in Virginia is green now and it just fills me with so much joy.  And the Azailias are in full bloom which fills the world with all sorts of brilliant shades of red, white, and pink.  Definitely a favorite.  And today was the first warm, wet day of the year.  I guess we are under a tornado watch though so this loveliness sometimes comes at a price. 

So, today.  Oh, how would I describe today.  Really busy without actually accomplishing much.  I spent most of my time driving.  Blake and I made plans to meet up in Norfolk for lunch with his former secretary.  We hurried this morning so I could swim (BTW I really seriously think I am getting worse), and then hurried home so Avi could sleep.  I got ready for the first time in awhile since I would be out and about.  I asked around and got separate sitters for the kids.  It took me an hour simply to get the kids to their respective places for the afternoon.  We had a nice lunch at a new place on Granby street and enjoyed some time chatting.  I thought I would spend the remainder of my time looking for something at Anne Taylor in the mall since Emily gave me a $50 gift card 5 months ago for Christmas.  But that thing is like gold to me.  And I want to be sure to get something I really like.  So, even though I tried a few things on, I felt rushed and I never like to buy things in a rush. Except I suppose those shoes I bought the other day…

I hurried again to go get the kids. Karen Miller was a wonderful friend and invited us to stay for spaghetti since Ryan was going to be gone.  I really appreciated it since I was having one of those days where I was dreading making dinner.  Blake was staying late tonight since he was out for lunch and I wasn’t looking forward to a dinner with just the kids and I.  I feel a bit bad though because it was hectic for Karen and I am certain we made more work for her.  The Millers really are fabulous people and great friends.  I hope we can be like the Millers. 

Collin refused to try the spaghetti.  His pickiness is getting out of hand. Seriously.  So, I have a new action plan for May: I am going to make dinner. Whatever dinner I want to make regardless of what Collin wants.  And I will put a plate in front of him and he can choose to eat it or not.  But there will be no other food for the rest of the evening.  And we will not feed him, or battle him, or beg him.  It is up to him.  And if he chooses not to eat, too bad for him and he will go to bed hungry, just like he did tonight.  But I am done with this game.  I know this plan seems on the “duh” level, but it is really hard in practice.  But I am determined.  No special orders.  No fights.  Just food and his own agency.  He was pretty devastated to go to bed without food tonight.  So, maybe after a while it will set in. 

But happy for me, I got them home and in bed and now I get some time to myself to ponder life.  J And I do ponder.  With the interview going as well as it did yesterday I have high hopes that this job at APMT will workout.  I think I would really like that.  Where will we be in 3 months? What will our new home be like?  It is exciting and yet scary.  I know I will get homesick.  I always do.  Because I am the sentimental type.  But there are things I am ready for.  A bigger yard; a real neighborhood; flowers; I kind of wish I could just transplant this actual house to a new location.  Except I suppose I could go for a bigger dining area. We will need a new kitchen table and a TV of our own.  I need to continue to purge so we don’t move junk.  And we will have to move the cats again.  Oh, dear.  Change is in the air!


No comments:

Post a Comment