Thursday, May 22, 2014

No government jobs for us!

I can't believe it has been over a week since my last post.  I have been in this fog of little sleep and lots to do.  It makes it difficult to function to say the least. 

A few things from this week:
1- I put together a gift for my Dad for his 60th birthday.  I can't write what since I know he reads my posts, but it required a few late nights.  I think it is going to turn out really good, but I am paying for the lack of sleep.

2-My other time consuming task has been to put together a Father's Day gift for Blake since we accidently planned our trip so that he will be alone here during that day.  I have an awesome idea (at least I think so). Now, if I can actually pull it off before we leave... once again cannot leave details due to the fact that Blake reads my posts.  Well, sometimes.  :)

3-Avind can walk 10-15 steps at a time now.  And the best is when Collin gets down on his knees and Avi walks to him.  Collin puts on his best baby talking voice, "come on avi!  You can do it!  Walk to me!" and Avind does and then Collin catches him in a big hug and they hold onto each other.  It is so sweet to watch.  It often then turns into Collin tackling Avind but that is fun too. 

4-  Collin had his last day of preschool today.  I just can't even believe that.  It was a wonderful place to have his first official school experience and I am so pleased that we chose that school. 

5-We had our last soccer game this evening.  It was a perfect summer evening: humid, warm, and with big dark storm clouds moving in.  It began to rain big, wet drops right as we were leaving after the game.  We won a lot to a little and Collin had a pair of goals again.  He just loves being out there.  It almost breaks his heart when he has to take his turn sitting out.  And he was just tickled that they got medals at the end. I am glad we coached.  It was a great experience.  By the end Jack would light up when he saw me and would give me big hugs.  The kids were proficient for the most part at doing toe touches and rolling the ball and could dribble into the goal in a drill.  They also could line up with their ball and almost even wait their turn to do a drill.  :)  The parents were great too.  No one yelling at each other.  I am very pleased with how it went.  And our team dominated.  Just sayin!

6- We officially heard from the Air Force today that they will not grant us a medical waiver.  So, we are done with that 9 month process now.  Not unexpected.  Still a bit hard to swallow.  But, Blake has really wanted APMT to work out the last few weeks.  So, at least that wasn't the "no" we got today.  But, still a bit saddening.  No world living or traveling for us.  No from the CIA, no from the State Department, and No from the AF.  Guess our track is not meant to be in government work.  Glad to have an answer and now we can move on.  Blake had to tell Collin, "Daddy is not going to be a soldier." Collin did a good job getting over it pretty quick. 

7- I was tickling Avind yesterday and would say, "tickle, tickle, tickle!" when I stopped he would take my hand and put it back on his leg and say "digga, digga!"  Super adorable. 

8-We went to the beach yesterday with a Mom group and Sarah and Lily.  It was a fun trip.  I especially enjoyed my energy spurt I somehow found.  I played tag with all the kids in the water and along the shore.  They LOVED it.  And I had a bunch of fun being the fun one and playing with them. 

Well, now I am feeling sleepy.  I may have taken 1/2 a sleeping pill...I need some good sleep tonight before this vacation gets here.  Because chances are, I won't get much sleep then.  Good night!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for Blake that the Air Force didn't work out. How frustrating! What's APMT? Is that a company where he'd like to work in-house?

    Oh, Micah does "tickle, tickle." I don't know how to transcribe what he actually says, but it means "tickle, tickle." It is *adorable*! And congratulations to Collin on finishing preschool! What a big milestone!

    ReplyDelete