Sunday, May 4, 2014

Loved so well

I love how Sundays are a good reset.  It marks the beginning of a new week for me.  I love that it is different from every other day.

We had fun on our way to church.  Blake and I like to sing and be silly and Collin is so funny sometimes.  He gets really serious and tells us to stop because we are being annoying.  That in turn makes us want to do it even more.  I can't wait to embarrass him as he grows up with our silliness.


Avind was wiggly today!  He would almost just wiggle right out of my arms.  I felt that I definitely needed to bear my testimony today and I took him up with me.  :)  I wonder how that looked.  he did pretty well but after awhile got a bit bored and tried to escape.  Bishop Dudley took him for me and set him on his lap until I was finished.

I bore my testimony about sometimes having periods of time when you don't feel the spirit or when you anticipate something to be really spiritual and it is not.  And it is difficult because you wonder why Heavenly Father is not helping you to feel that.  And then you have questions about things in the church that don't make sense.  But my testimony was that it is okay to have questions and that really is what this church is about.  Having questions and then being patient enough to wait for God's answers.  Becoming like a child and realizing how much he loves us and that sometimes it is best for us to have to really work for an answer.

The rest of church was busy.  It seemed like all of the kids were going crazy.  One even escaped outside and we took a long time trying to find him.

This evening we invited Rachel and Dohun over to have dinner and play games with us.  They don't really know each other but it went really well.  Dohun in the Korean exchange student so he doesn't get out with friends very much.  And Rachel is one of the only YW that goes to a different High School.  It was Blake's idea and I think it was really inspired.  We had a great time all together and they were so good playing with the kids.  I could feel the spirit in our home.  And that is a wonderful feeling.  I want Dohun to feel that as he is investigating the church.  I want Rachel to feel that as she struggles with her difficult family situation and goes along as one of the only LDS kids in her school.  And I want Blake and I to feel that so we can recognize how important it is to have that environment in our home for ourselves and our children.

I am so grateful for Blake.  He is an amazingly tender and loving husband.  He is so kind and good to me.  I know he loves me.  He shows me every day how much he adores me.  And he is my best friend. I wish every woman could be loved so well. 

1 comment:

  1. It’s interesting. I often have those same questions about the spirit. I’ve come to recognize that often the spirit is present even when I don’t seem to feel it. There are times that the kids can feel it when I cannot. I am grateful that feeling is not always as things really are.

    ReplyDelete