Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Hungry Collin

Day two of my Collin food experiment was pretty rough.  I have a little boy who is going to bed hungry again.  By choice.  He refused to eat the ham and cheese sandwich for lunch and the stir fry and rice for dinner.  Oh, he was so sad.  And I felt so sad.  He had tears coursing down his face and snot running down his lip and he would cry, "Please mommy.  Please!  Let me have some more apple!"  (I let him choose one thing to have with dinner and he picked apple.  I gave him 3 slices) "It was so juicy and soooooo yummy!"  I had a really difficult time, but I held firm.  And I think I did a good job of being loving and respectful to him while still holding firm.  After awhile he asked if I would feed him. I told him no and he was devastated.  "But my arm is just too tired!  I can't lift the fork!  It is too hard and I am too tired.  You HAVE to do it for me!  You HAVE to mommy!"  But I didn't.  But I did love him.  With all my heart I tried to show him love.  I hope he gets hungry enough to eat soon!  I hope this pays off after a bit!  Blake and I were joking that pickiness must be genetic since we were both really bad.  I remember sitting at the table with a plate of food in front of me long after everything was cleared off and cleaned up.  Ug.  So, we shall see.  Blake is on board with me so at least I don't have to worry about him sneaking food up to him behind my back. 

Collin did ask me if we could make "georgie pancakes" in the morning.  There is a Curious George book about a pancake breakfast and it has a recipe on it.  I am actually quite pleased because last time we tried pancakes, he didn't like them and wouldn't eat them.  He even says he wants to put blueberries in them, like George does.  So, we shall see how it goes! 

I took some time with Avind today, both this morning while Collin was at school and then before I put him to bed tonight.  I am so busy sometimes, or on schedule, or tired and I forget to play with him and take time with just him.  And I am sad about that.  So, today I did better.  We played peak-a-boo on the couch this morning and I tried to teach him where to find the nose, eyes, ears, and mouth.  We laughed and snuggled.  Before bed I realized I hadn't read to him in a couple of weeks so I got him back out of the crib and we read books.  I held him and sang to him afterwards and he poked my nose and tried to say it.  He was adorable and he smelled like a clean baby.  It was a treasure moment for sure.  I am glad I slowed down enough to have those precious moments with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment