Monday, May 5, 2014

Cottage Cheese and Pepperoni for dinner

Sometimes I have a day where I just kind of check out.  Ya know what I mean?  You feel like you have lost control so you just kind of stop trying.  It was that kind of a day for me.  I am not even entirely sure what seemed so challenging.  But I struggled. 

It was an absolutely gorgeous day weather wise.  I took the boys out running.  Collin ran a lap with me around our neighborhood.  He was really cute and so excited.  He told me, "It is a beautiful morning Mommy!" and then at the end added, "Mommy we should do this every day!"  Alright then!

I watched Yeti and Jer for a few hours for Stella.  Seems like Yeti and Collin have a love hate relationship.  They went back and forth a lot.  And Collin is on a super whiney kick so any time she did something he didn't like it was that super annoying break down of "Mom! She won't play baseball with me! Mom!  She says marshmallows can only be eaten in smores!  MOm! She won't let me use the watering can!" and on and on it went.  I got a report of everything Yeti did that Collin did not approve of.  oi.  He was a challenge.  And then they didn't want Jer to play with them.  And then Avind wanted to be held or hated getting his diaper changed.  He is sooooooooooooo wiggly when you try to change him.  And angry.  And I am pretty sure every diaper, except maybe 3, in the last 3 weeks have been poopy.  No fun for either of us. 

Once Stella picked them up I was dreading making dinner.  It felt impossible.  Blake's wise suggestion: make Collin cottage cheese and pepperoni.  And you know what?  That was a perfect idea.  So, mom of the year award goes out to me for excellent dinner preparation.  But we were all happy so who cares. 

Some positives of the day:
1-Avind's 3-toothed grin.  So cute.  Just absolutely adorable. Love it so much!  Wish I could keep that image in my mind forever and ever.
2-Playing with the kids on the guest bed and making the sign "where" with Avi while we looked for Collin under the covers.
3-Avind will blow kisses now.
4-Collin running as fast and as hard as he knows how next to me and smiling the whole time. 
5-Avind helping Collin with his chore of unloading the silver wear. 

5-Making the best breakfast burritos I've ever made for Blake and I tonight. The key?  Toasting the tortillas in butter.  Mmmmmmm.
6- Cuddling up to watch a show with my sweetheart (I almost typed sweatheart.  :) Ha ha)

No comments:

Post a Comment