Monday, April 28, 2014

DC Temple Trip

Hello again!  I am trying to get back on my feet from another weekend trip.

Avi and I picked up Stella and Annabelle in Gloucester and spent a few nights up in DC.  Here are some highlights of our trip.

1-Stella returned to the temple!  Yay!  A year ago I am not sure I would have thought it would happen.  But I was very grateful to be a part of influencing her to return.  It made me feel like I can be a missionary after all.  We caught the last session on Friday night.

2-We got to spend all day Saturday in DC.  And it was a gorgeous day.  The Dogwood trees were all in bloom and there were thousands of tulips.  Everything was green and beautiful.  I felt quite sentimental during the trolly tour as I felt homesick for living there and exploring the city with my Blake.  And I missed my dear friend Susan Avant.  I could just remember her voice and how wonderfully she and I got along.  I really do miss her.

3- We did not hit any traffic on the drive home.  We left Sun. morning around 9:30.  It was wonderful.  I have never driven home from DC without traffic.  I wasn't even sure that was possible.

4- We took route 17 instead of I64 and it was an incredibly beautiful drive. 

Some "lowlights"-

1-Avind wouldn't sleep.  At all.  So, I didn't sleep.  Both nights were miserable.  Uggggg. And now he is a grumpy, screeching pants baby.  Oh, my. 

2- Getting trapped in a Metro parking garaged for a Metro station that was not open yet.  And yet, we were able to get in and take a parking ticket.  You would think if it wasn't open they could leave out a sign or something that says, "Hey stupid tourists:  This metro station is not open yet.  Do not drive in and get trapped.  But if you do, call the help button on every machine and then frantically explain why the heck you are in here."  :)  That actually was pretty funny.  But only because we got out.  :)

3- Stella's $2500 camera was stolen.  I just can't even believe it.  Right out of the baby backpack.  Some people are really low.  She is devastated.  She thought it was insured.  But it wasn't.  Ug again. 

4- Annabelle started throwing up Sat. evening.  We wrapped up our trip a bit early so we could get her home.

5- They played the old old temple video.  I tried really hard not to be disappointed, but I was.  The new videos are just so well done.  I had a really hard time focusing and feeling the spirit.

Soooo... I was very happy to get home to my wonderful hubby and to get some sleep last night.  Today was a recoup day.  I let Collin watch a good hour of TV during Avi's morning nap while I laid in bed some more.

Anyway, time to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment