Saturday, May 3, 2014

Hat trick!

Collin had a great soccer day. Three goals! You should have seen him. A break away each time and then he would get such a joyful look and sprint back to his daddy for a big hug. I love being a mom! 

I met a neighbor today that I have not spent much time talking with. She needed a listening ear and soon she was crying to me and I was hugging her. There are so many sad people. So many broken hearts. It makes me ache for them and with them. I invited her to come to church, to come to a place where she could belong. I was really hopeful that she really would make it tomorrow. But she texted me later that they won't be coming. So disappointing! She could have so much more peace and joy and have a home! It is really sad to see her turn down the offer. It would be like turning down a free delicious feast when you are starving.  Maybe next time. Maybe the seed needs to grow a bit first. 

Blake and I had date night! We went to the Virginia symphony. It is amazing how music is created. I miss music. Remember how in 8th grade I thought i was going to be a music director? :) the soloist was josh bell. And he was quite amazing on the violin. The last piece pushed my ability, or lack thereof, to sit still for an extended amount of time. But all in all it was fantastic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment