Monday, April 21, 2014

Itty Bitty Avi

There is nothing like stressing over something you do not have direct control over.  And I am stressing. 

Avind had his 12 month well baby check up today and he is healthy and looks good...except that he has dropped off the chart as far as weight is concerned.  Today he was only 15 lbs 15 oz, 28in long.  He was 16 lbs at his 9 month apt.  Ave for this age is 23 lbs.  It scares me.  As a mom there is this huge weight on you to feed your children well.  And especially when you are nursing that baby.  And then to feel like you are totally failing at one of the very few things you can do for your baby...it is a heavy feeling.  And so very frustrating.  It is difficult enough to try to cook good, healthy, tasty food day in and day out.  3 times a day, actually.  But then you watch your child reject the food and refuse to eat it.  And the 3 year old yells out, "I hate this food!  I am not going to eat it!"  It is almost enough to start making hot dogs a permanent fixture in our home. I am completely discouraged. I just don't know what to do.  The doctor sent home a sheet of some high-calorie foods to give, but it is basically a list of desserts.  And I don't want to get my kid completely hooked on sugar.  It seems bad for his kidneys and seems like it would increase chances of diabetes and spoil his tastes completely.  Oh, what to do?  Poor Avi also got poked in both arms, the thigh, and a toe.  No wonder today was not a good eating day.

We dyed Easter Eggs for FHE tonight.  Collin loved it.  He went to town on the stickers.  He loves his new night-time pull-ups that glow in the dark.  He had me charge it and then turned off all the lights in his room to admire Mader in glow in the dark fashion.  It was wonderfully cute.  I also taught him how to throw a Frisbee today.  Not that I can actually throw one.  He thought it was the coolest thing.

One more thing to feel bad about as I get ready to go to bed, everyone who came to Avi's b-day celebration has been throwing up sick today.  If that doesn't make you feel rotten, I am not sure what does.  I may even lose sleep over that. Goodness, this week is not starting out so hot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment