Friday, April 4, 2014

Redbuds, Forsythia, tulips...oh, my!

Do you ever get into bed and it feels so good to lay down and relax and be comfortable and you think, "This feels sooooooo good!  Why don't I do this more often?"  Mmmmmmmmm...me too.  I love sleeping.  And someday, I will sleep in again.  :)  Someday...

I saw a happy thing on this exceptionally spring-like day: Redbud trees, Tulips, and Forsythia plants in bloom.  Ahhhhhh! Spring, spring, happy happy spring! Collin and I have a little game we play.  As we drive we point to the different trees we see and name which type they are.  He is getting really good at it.  I recall doing the same thing last year as we would drive to drop him off at babysitters so I could get to my OB appointments. Wow- a year since our Avi joined us. 

I got to drive out to Suffolk today to have a lunch date with Blake.  There is something extremely wonderful about eating your meal without kids.  You can just sit and eat and not have to remove anything that looks remotely breakable from the premise. Blake was so good looking in the middle of the day!  I married a hottie.  :) 

We ate out on the patio since it was so warm and then took a walk to enjoy some sunshine.  Blake got to tell me all about touring the terminal he is working out and playing with the 12 million dollar crane.  I am so glad he got to see it up close. That is just way cool.  


His pictures really capture the magnitude of these things.  

We even ducked into Bed, Bath, and Beyond to dream about what things we would buy if we had the money to do so.  I think pots and pans are next on our list.

Later this evening we got to sit out in our backyard and just be together.  It was PERFECT.  Warm but no mosquitoes yet.  We talked about life and held hands and just took some time to be best friends. We woke up a cicada towards the end and he happily began his buzz.  There is nothing like the sounds of a warm evening in VA.  So much life! Ahhhhhhhhh, spring is here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment