Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A clean house...for about a minute.

Too late. Too late. It is always too late! How did it get to be past 11 again?   

Today was a pretty standard day and thought I did't have much to write about but then I realized those are the real days. This is motherhood. This is life. 

We got up a bit late this morning. Blake somehow turned off the alarm without actually waking up. Now, that is talent! I am therefore taking over alarm master as of this evening. We will see if I can coax my darling and myself to get up on time. 

I got Collin to school early, which is pretty impressive. He wore his soccer uniform again- complete with soccer socks. And I realized it was stay and play but I forgot to pack a lunch for him. Whoops! The ladies there are just fantastic though and said they would find something for him. 

At home I got to work. I cleaned.  I mean really cleaned. Can't remember the last time I have had all 3 bathrooms cleaned. And every floor vacuumed. And floor swept. And I dejunked the kid's rooms. (Don't tell Collin!) I was on a roll! Serious go-mode. Avind was my helper as you can see. :) 


All that work. And it stays clean for about 2 minutes. :) I try not to cringe when I see the first crumbs dribble to the perfectly clean floor. But for the record, it was clean!

I love getting Collin from school. When he sees me he points to me and claims me.  He runs to me and barrels into my arms giving me a great big hug. I have to be ready or I'll get knocked right over. Once back at home he got to watch a show.  He chose Super Why and I loved hearing him a answer their questions. That is a sound I never want to forget: His amazing little voice in response. 

Daddy had to come and then go. Collin was devestated! He was inconsolable. That is until I told him he could have a brownie and milk. :) sometimes you just do what you've gotta do.  

Btw have I told you how much I appreciate my darling Blake? He left to teach a lesson with the missionaries and was soon back with them with Frostys in hand. That is the right way to come home to your wife after you leave your kids as they scream. "Noooooooooo! Daddy don't leave! Don't leave me with mom again!!!" Feelings are mutual, kid. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment