Wednesday, April 9, 2014

There are hives, and then there are "Hive"

Where to even start.  I feel totally spent.

I didn't sleep well last night.  My mind was thinking about something and wouldn't let me sleep.  Funny thing is, I don't even know what I was thinking.  That happens way too often.  I got up early and got the kids out the door so I could swim with Julie.  Seriously, I think I am getting worse. I am surprised the life guard didn't see the need to intervene.  I looked pretty pathetic.  Oh, well.  Maybe now I understand how Blake feels when he runs. 

We hurried home so Avind could nap, I could shower, and Collin could watch a show. I then tried to type up the Primary Newsletter while Collin used me as a jungle gym.  Seriously, that gets old fast. He would kick me or bump me and say, "Oh, sorry sorry"  and then do it again, "sorry mom" and then again.  "Collin-stop" "sorry" and again.  "I won't do it again. Sorry" and again.  "Seriously, Collin Stop!" And again...you get my drift.  Then Avind was awake and wanted food.  So I added "feeder' to the try-to-do-all-at-once list. I finally realized that I hadn't eaten all day.  That is bound to make me a bit irritable.  But before I could eat, Avind needed to be changed.  And when I opened his diaper up, I found this little beauty. 

That's not normal.  I made a dr. apt.  But 20 minutes later, it was gone.  Okay, I don't want to be the mom that takes their baby in for a diaper rash.  I canceled the apt.  I put Avind in for a nap, Collin in for quiet time, and I took myself in to take a nap too.  Man, I was sooooooo out.  2 hours later, I woke up from someone crying.  I checked in on Collin.  He was sleeping. That is two naps this week.  That is a happy thing.  :)  So, I went in to Avind.  Yeah, that little beauty had multiplied.  His body was covered in this rash.  And he was hot.  101.5 temp. I am usually pretty calm...I totally freaked out.  

All sorts of awful diseases ran through my mind.  And I felt like the worst mom ever for canceling the apt.  They didn't have any more, of course, so it was off to Urgent Care.  I grabbed Collin strait out of bed and took off. 

Too bad I didn't think of shoes. Man, I look so put together when I go places. No make-up, my hair, not done, wearing my Spiderman shirt.  I have violated my rule of 3 several times in the last month.  (The rule of 3 is that you can't do all three of the following: Go without make-up; Go without doing your hair; go without dressing in something nice.) And I am toting a red and blotchy baby and a kid with bed head and no shoes.  Classic!

Filling out paper work with a sick baby and a preschooler who is still using you as a playground fixture is not fun, just in case you were wondering.  We got in but all the welts had gone done by the time we got in to see the dr. He determined it was an allergic reaction to something and the welts were hives.  "Hive" (singular) is more like it.  Those were huge!  Poor kid.  That had to be incredibly uncomfortable. So, off to get some Benedryl.  Have I mentioned that I was hungry? 

It was a long day.  I am glad it was just hives.  I was starting to worry about being able to go on our vacation this weekend.  So, that is a blessing!  So tired...so hungry...and now I need to go to the store for juice boxes for the Easter Party.  No prob.  Me and myself, we've got this.  :) I am so put together, after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment