Sunday, November 2, 2014

Mommy Collin Date- Oct 8th

I will forever hold in my mind the image of Collin, dressed in a collared shirt and suit coat, with his hair done, sitting across from me in The Chocolate Moose eating his ice cream cone.  He was so perfect and the moment was so perfect.

Collin is having a bit of a difficult time at school (the preschool at the daycare). So, last week I took him on a special Mommy-Collin date. It. Was. Perfect. After family dinner, I got dressed up in a dress and even put lipstick on. Collin went ahead and dressed up, too. He picked out some nice pants and a shirt and topped it off with his suit coat.  He wouldn't let me see him until he was all ready.  He called for Blake to help him out a few times.  And since I told him I was going to wear lip stick, he was willing to do his hair. We took a few pictures and headed to Downtown.  I loved walking down by all the shops, holding Collin's hand, and talking about his day.  He was delighted when we arrived at our destination and he realized it was a candy store.  We ordered our ice cream and sat at a table for two.  What a wonderful moment to have with one another.  We talked and laughed.  He swung his legs back and forth and looked all around the room to identify all the candy he had tried before and those he hadn't.  We picked up a few sour gummy worms on our way out. 

Every person we passed smiled at us knowingly.  Like they were remembering a special moment of their own either as a parent or a the child.  We then made our way to Walmart to buy some hotwheels and caps for his cap gun with the money he earned helping us unload our moving truck. He was so happy.  I felt full at his happiness.  We got home late and I tucked him in bed, complete with his package of hotwheels.  That was indeed a very special night.  One I will always treasure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment