Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Sick Day

It feels so strange to be home all by myself.  I am quite sick. I woke up last night and could feel my dinner still sitting in my stomach...not a good feeling. And I knew that I wouldn't be going to work today.  In fact, I can't actually go any further than my bed...I need to be close to a bathroom, if you know what I mean. Sorry if that is TMI.

 I am very grateful I got a substitute folder put together last week.  I did it with the thought that if the kids got sick I would be able to stay home with them.  But I am the lucky one I guess.  But the most amazing thing about this sick day is that I could still send the kids to daycare and that means I can focus completely on taking care of myself and getting some rest.  That is a leisure very few mom's ever get.  Usually when a Mom is sick, they still have to be mom.  So, this is indeed a blessing. 

Funny though that I am sad to send them away.  I would love a day with the kids all to myself.

I think I will find sometime today to finally chronicle how we ended up in Bozeman.  But right now, I think I will get some rest.   







We had a PIR day at work today...yay!  No students!  But it flew by lightning quick.  I wish we hadn't had 4 hours of meetings.  They really could have just given us the whole day to work.  I know we all have plenty to do.  And I know for a fact that teachers make the worst students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment