Monday, October 6, 2014

Perfect Fall Twilight

We had a wonderful weekend together.  I wish I could capture it all.  But one thing I had to take a minute to write down is my Mommy Sons date on Saturday evening during the priesthood session.

I took my little ones on a walk down to our favorite little spot.  It has a nice spot between some condos with grass and trees.  It is perfect for bike rides for Collin.  I push Avind on the tricycle and he just hangs onto the handles as I push.  We made our way to this spot and there was a wonderful blanket of yellow leaves all on the grass.  I couldn't resist.  I started pushing those leaves into piles.  What would fall be without a good leaf pile for jumping?  Avind learned very quickly what those piles were about and gleefully jumped in one.  I would go fix the other pile and he would dart over and jump into that one next.  And he just giggled and laughed with me.  He learned last week how to have a leaf fight and throw leaves so he would grad handfuls of leaves and put them on my head.  We laid back together in our leaf pile and looked up into the still full tree above us.  Ah, Heaven!

Collin was having a blast too.  He discovered that riding your bike through a leaf pile is amazingly fun as well.  I love when he tips over...and then he jumps up and declares, "I'm okay!!!"  He also threw the little football around and we took turns tackling each other in the leaves.

I discovered our tree was a perfect climbing tree.  I surprised myself when I could actually jump up and swing myself into the branches.  I loved it!  I forgot how much I love sitting in a tree!  Collin wanted to join me and again I was surprised that I had the strength to pull him up.  Avind was a bit unhappy that I couldn't get him up with us too.  Collin soon got a bit nervous so I helped him down. But, goodness, my calm and special place...definitely in a tree!

The sun had set and the light was soft and the moon was out.  The fall colors were beautiful and muted by the light.  It was PERFECT.  And my heart was full of joy.  That is a treasure moment.  We soon headed home with leaves stuck in our hair and with full hearts.  What a wonderfully wonderful day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment