Thursday, July 10, 2014

Sleepover!

I am very grateful after a few busy days that I am not a single parent and that Blake is generally home.  And that when he is home he is home, meaning he is involved.  He is always a part of bedtimes and tidying up and spending time.  He has spoiled me rotten and I adore him for it.  And I feel his absence deeply because of it.  Looking forward to Tuesday!

After my mom fail from the other night (which I partially redeemed myself in Collin's eyes by taking up his baseball and bat and leaving it with a large note that said, "Mommy loves Collin!" so he could play with them in the morning) I decided we needed to have some special time together.  That meant a sleepover! We put Avind to bed last night and then Collin got to stay up with me to finish the World Cup Semi-Final and then sleep in my bed next to me.  He excitedly claimed Daddy's spot and was tired enough that he had a difficult time calming down.  I have noticed that Collin's movement and craziness is directly related to how tired he is.  And it excellerates quickly! But it was really fun!  We laughed together and told jokes (cooted!) (could you just move that?) and had a marvelous time.  And then we cuddled up.  He could only get comfortable with my one arm under him and the other around him.  I knew my arm would be feeling pins and needles in no time, but it was totally worth it.  His breathing deepened and became steady.  I got to study his perfect little face and it made my heart swell with joy.  And then I could move my arm and get some blood flowing again.

We both slept fairly well.  I am getting better at sleeping next to him.  :)  But there was a point when he just tossed and turned over and over.  I thought it was interesting.  I wonder what made him do that. And then somewhere around 4 he was awake and wanted to talk but I was out of it.  He was super sweet though, telling me, "I just love you sooooo much mommy!" and telling me how pretty I am.

And then an hour later or so he was saying he was cold...

And then at 6 am it was, "Um, Mommy?  I need to show you something.  I am so sorry but I think the bed is wet." Our sleepover party had become a potty party.  But you know what?  It was okay.  It was worth it.  I actually felt like I had anticipated that it would happen.  And our bed has a waterproof mattress cover so it wasn't too big of a deal.  Except for the pillow.  I don't know if this one is going to be able to recover.  Good thing he was on Blake's side of the bed!  :)  We got up and stripped the bed and got him into the bathtub.  Avind was crying for Momma, and the morning began in full swing.

I guess Collin had so much fun that he decided he wanted another sleepover tonight!  I put the kids to bed at the same time.  We had watched Liberty's Kids #5 (I decided I wanted to watch them in order with Collin.  It has been a super fun Mom/Collin thing.  Something special-and it is a good little show!) and Avind was really difficult.  Then when it was time to get into the crib he started stalling.  He is pretty good at it already.  He does his water sign, he pulls at my shirt even though he has already nursed, he grabs at his clean diaper and says, "da!  Da!" like he needs a change.  But to his much anguish I put him in his crib anyway.  Collin was in his George Washington costume so I knew he would take awhile to settle down.  I gave him permission to play for just a little bit before getting into bed.

Well, 30 minutes later I can hear them and they are making a ton of noise.  I walk in and all the pillows, blankets, stuffed animals, and Collin are in the crib with Avind!  "Well this looks fun!" I say. "You can play for five more minutes, and then you need to get back into bed." But Collin says, "I am in bed!  We are going to all sleep in here tonight"  The best part was Avind's little face.  He was happy as could be and dove back down under one of the pillows.  :) Our little boys, such good buddies already.  They really are so fun together. They love to have pillow fights.  And Avind loves to hold the pillow that knocks Collin over when we play wipeout.  And Avind is quick to snatch Collin's glasses when Collin is trying to take something from him.

I had to explain that it wasn't safe yet for Avi to have all those things in his crib, and Collin said, "Oh, Okay.  Well, then I will need some helping putting it all back." Avind was very sad to see him go.  I sure love my boys!

1 comment: