Monday, July 21, 2014

Moving = Tired

It is late and I am just bone tired.  It is tiring to move, not just physically, but in every other way too. I get rather sentimental about things and it makes me emotional. I posted many of our belongings for sale on Craigslist and it made me sad.  I hate to give up my patio set with it's blessed mosquito net.  We had it for just one year.  And I loved it.  Selling the boogie boards is difficult because I can see in my mind Collin cruising on the waves and laughing with delight.  Or our slide that took us so long to find!  A gift from the Furimans to Collin last year before they took off to Idaho.  I can see Avind as he proudly sits at the top after getting there all by himself. 

And then as we pack box after box I wonder why we are keeping all this stuff!  Mind you, I have diligently purged our home for several months now.  We don't really have junk.  But we still have lots of stuff.  And I can't help but wonder if it is all necessary. 

A quick note:
Avind had his 15 month check-up today.  He is a whopping 17lbs 11oz.  I think that is once again off the chart.  And I just realized I don't even know how tall he is. Whoops! He got 3 shots today and had the saddest cry.  But big brother was there to be funny and quickly cheer him up.  Collin hates when Avind has to get shots.  He always tells me that he hates having to hear him cry; that it makes him so sad he just can't stand it.  He is a wonderful brother.

We had a little incident today where Avind had climbed up the steps of the slide, but the slide was on the concrete.  Well, Collin knows that the slide is supposed to be on the grass when Avi climbs it just in case he falls.  So, he starts pushing the slide, meanwhile, Avind is trying to hang on as he is standing precariously on the top step.  Oh, man!  I yelled for Collin to stop.  Blake rushed out the door to get Collin to stop.  That poor little boy! He felt terrible.  He had wanted to protect his brother and instead he almost hurt him.  He cried and cried as I held him.  It was just one of those scary, but then tender moments when I realize what a good soul this little man of mine has.  We got him laughing soon and it was all okay after a little while.  Then it was off to Chuck E Cheese for a Collin Birthday Dinner.  

Well, it is time for sleep.  The babies will be up before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment