Friday, July 11, 2014

Borrowing a Kid

This was a wonderful day. Why you ask?  Well because I borrowed a kid for the entire day and I got so much done!

The kid was Zack Miller and he is the friend that Collin plays with the best.  They played so well together.  Every time I said it was time to go, they begged for more time together.  And it turned out to be my easiest day in 2 weeks. I am so sad that they are moving apart from each other.  Zack will be in Texas soon and we will be...oh, yeah!  We still don't know where we will be.  :)  We just enjoy the thrill of spontaneity.

We also killed some time earning some free food.  Who wouldn't dress like a cow to get a free Chick Fil A meal?  Yum!  I sent a message to Sarah who got home yesterday and we met up.  And that was a happy reunion!  You should have seen Lily and Collin with one another!  They were completely enveloped in each other the whole time.  

They both insist they are going to marry one another.  Once again too bad we are moving away from her.  Those would be the two friends I would take with us if I could.  Hmmmmmm.  Wish I could at least borrow them for the car ride.  :)  Avi enjoyed his very first kids meal.  He was a happy cow indeed.


I finally conquered the paper pile that has been haunting me for the last few months.  Even on vacation it was there in the back of my mind, and then at home every time I would walk by it yelled, "figure me out!" It took several hours to sort it all out.  What a big relief! Good riddance ominous mess!

Blake had his interview at BYU for the MTC position yesterday.  I am certain he did well, but he feels unsure.  What I think really bothers him is that the interviewers mentioned that the other final applicants are already currently employed at the MTC and they wanted to know what Blake has to offer.  I know that made him very uncertain about getting the spot.  The good thing about that is he is working hard again today to make sure we have something else if that is the case.  I believe we are serious about going to MSU for our backup plan.  So, we shall see, eh?

On that note, I miss my Blake.  I could go for a nice long hug and a good 15 second kiss right now.

As we drove today to borrow and return Zack I marveled at the beauty of this place.  Green green everywhere!  I know I will miss that.  It just feels alive!  And I love that.  On a hot, humid summer day you can see the water in the air.  It creates a kind of mist about everything.  What a fun place to be.  I began a top 10 list about Virginia.  It makes me happy we've had a chance to make Virginia our home for the past 5 years.  What a blessing and adventure it's been!  Look for the post soon!

And we may have ended the day with a free slurppie. :) I couldn't resist having Collin try one for the first time. 


He is a fan. :) we walked in right at 7pm as they were finishing the freebies. The man was nice enough to have pity on a mom toting a baby and a barefooted preschooler. Thanks random man for making us happy!

Btw: would you like to know a trick for keeping a spotless kitchen?  Have an ant problem. It is the best motivation I have ever had to putting all food away and doing all dishes and cleaning every surface. :)


1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys had a good day. It's funny how having MORE kids at your house is sometimes easier, but it's so great when they'll play together and entertain each other. And -- we had an ant problem at the beginning of summer and I can totally relate to that. My house was so clean during that. I wiped and swept and mopped religiously. Our landlady sprayed some spray around our house and her house and the ants have laid low (or died) for most of the summer. And my house isn't as clean, but it's nice not to have to be so obsessive about it.

    ReplyDelete