Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Sunshine Through the Rain

Despite the uncertainty of our situation right now, we have had some incredibly happy moments in our little family.  Moments where I have realized that our happiness is not dependent on money or possessions or even our home.  Happiness is where my boys are. 

This afternoon it rained and rained.  Collin wanted to go jump on the trampoline.  And he kept asking.  I was feeling a bit down and didn't even consider the trampoline an option in the rain. But after awhile I realized how silly that was.  Why couldn't I go with Collin out in the rain?  Why would rain stop us from having fun together?  So without saying anything, and still in our church clothes, I scooped him up and started running for the back door.  "What are you doing Mommy? Where are we going?" I ran out across the grass and up onto the trampoline.  It had mostly stopped raining. He was delighted!  We jumped and water splashed and we slipped and laughed and got quite wet.  And it was such a beautiful moment. My dear Collin!  So much like me.  :) I was so grateful at that moment for him. For pulling me out of my sad place. For helping me see the sunshine through the rain. 

Daddy and Avind soon joined us.  Blake helped Collin out of his soaked church clothes in hopes of preserving them so Collin continued to jump in his red and blue Superman undies.  Oh, he was so cute!  I want to freeze that picture in my mind of him jumping and laughing in his undies.  Avind and I ran away from him and squealed. 

After awhile we got down and went to the swings under the beautiful big maple tree.  Collin was so happy.  He sat on the swing and I sat on the other.  Avind wanted a try, too.  I said out loud, "I never want to forget this moment.  This picture of Collin swing away in his undies, dragging his feet in the mud and loving it.  With Avind and Daddy close by.  And me feeling the mud under my feet."  Collin was gleeful and replied, "I will pray to God right now so that we will never forget this moment. Me, sittin' here and you on that swing. And we can remember it forever!  I am so happy Mommy! Thank you God! He must really love us." Yes, yes I think he must.  And I felt it today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment